A 40-year veteran of the general aviation industry, Tim Archer has served as Executive VP, President, CEO, Chairman and Board Director in numerous general aviation companies. During his career, he has traveled and worked in more than 50 countries doing GA international business development, sales and marketing, manufacturing management and acquisition due diligence.
After years of work in international markets for the GA industry, Tim recognized that many companies around the world have fears and/or concerns over the barriers of doing business internationally. Some of this fear is due to erroneous perceptions, and some is real. Tim saw an opportunity to use his background, relationships and knowledge to help general aviation companies expand into worldwide markets.
In 2015, with a group of experts, he launched Blue Sky Innovations, a general aviation consulting firm to continue developing combined international connections, knowledge and diplomacy that help companies feel comfortable crossing borders to do business. Tim currently resides in Dallas, TX, and oversees all company operations, strategic planning, and business development for Blue Sky Innovations.
Tim’s accomplishments include:
- Developing business opportunities in the Soviet Union before the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- Heading up Teledyne Continental Motors international sales and marketing department.
- Member of the Teledyne Continental Motors Executive Leadership Council.
- Instrumental in getting the first western-world GA piston aircraft engine certified by the Russian Aviation Registry.
- As VP Sales and Marketing, leading Superior Air Parts to highest revenues and earnings in company history.
- As CEO, guiding Superior to move from a parts manufacturing company (PMA) to an engine manufacturer and original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- As CEO, leading Superior to obtain FAA Type Certificate on a new piston engine – the first company outside of the two OEMs to do this in more than 50 years.
Tim’s strengths include: leading teams, building business and driving sales in previously un-tapped international markets; blending technical expertise with customer insight to capitalize on new opportunities; building cross-cultural relationships with business leaders and regulatory agencies; and managing day-to-day manufacturing operations to exceed financial goals.
Ana C. Fontes – Executive Vice President
Ana C. Fontes teamed with CEO Tim Archer in 2015 to launch Blue Sky Innovations. Her significant cross-cultural business expertise spans 27-years in marketing management, internet marketing, international business development, and 13-years in general aviation. Ana is a multilingual native of Brazil and an American citizen. She has lived and worked in Latin America, the US and Europe and held executive leadership positions as the Director of International Business Development and International Affairs for multi-national companies. She has provided marketing and consulting services to many international and US-based companies. Her unique network within the general aviation community, both in North and South America, has contributed to brand awareness and business growth for numerous companies. Ana currently resides in Dallas, TX. Her focus is on expanding business opportunities for GA companies around the globe as Executive VP of Blue Sky Innovations.
Her accomplishments include:
- Founding her own company, Fontes Marketing & Consulting, which specializes in helping US-based and South American aviation companies, expand across borders.
- Twenty-seven years of International development making connections and building relationships around the globe.
- Serving as Director of International Business Development for the Superior Aviation Group (USA).
- Serving as Corporate Marketing & America Sales Director – Mistral Engines (Switzerland).
- Serving as Marketing Director & Latin America Business Developer – Superior Air Parts (USA).
- Serving as Director of International Affairs – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association AOPA Brazil, (APPA).
- Serving as Counselor at IAB (Brazil) – IAB is a non-governmental, non-profit institution founded by a Brazilian entrepreneur and aviation enthusiastic. It’s dedicated to the preservation of the Brazilian cultural and environmental heritage. One of its projects is to promote a Brazilian aviation pioneer, Santos Dumont, as well as to support the Brazilian aviation industry.
- 2008 “Women of the Year in Aviation Manufacturing” NAPEW – National Association of Professional Executive Woman
- 2007 – 2008 “Women Of Excellence” NAPEW – National Association of Professional Executive Woman
- BA in Business Administration from the FCETM- Economic Sciences University of Triângulo Mineiro – Brazil.
Ana’s strengths include: managing complex, multi-cultural marketing projects and initiatives; identifying and capitalizing on emerging international opportunities; serving as multilingual liaison with domestic federal agencies, international leaders and foreign governments; and building consensus among culturally diverse groups.
Jimmy Tubbs – Chief Technical Officer
An Aerospace Engineer, A&P mechanic, FAA/NTSB Approved Accident Investigator and licensed pilot, Jimmy Tubbs has been serving the general aviation industry for over 50 years. For much of his career, he has developed modifications and certifications to convert and build piston engines and component parts. He has traveled to meet and work with GA vendors in over a dozen different countries.
Jimmy joined Blue Sky Innovations Group in 2016 as the company’s Chief Technical Officer. He is responsible for FAA certification programs and serving as an FAA DER. Prior to BSI, he worked as the VP of Engineering for Danbury Aerospace Inc, before Danbury was acquired by Continental Motors. Jimmy also spent 17 years working as a civilian engineer for the US Air Force where he helped develop a number of technical programs. After the Air Force, he ran his own aircraft engine parts and engineering business for six years. While not at BSI headquarters in Dallas, Jimmy resides in New Braunfels/Seguin TX with his wife Cheryl, surrounded by family.
Jimmy’s accomplishments include:
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas.
- A&P mechanic and licensed pilot with over 3000 flight hours.
- Developed more than 20 special mission Supplemental Type Certificates for aerial photography, remote sensing, and fire warning systems.
- Developed the SUU-21A, a bomb dispenser used for training by the Air Force.
- Developed the F-102 compressor stall program for the US Air Force.
- Led the Air Force program to convert T-38 supersonic trainers to air combat trainers by adding gun sights and the ability to fire rockets and drop training bombs.
- Owned Daily Tubbs Aero Inc., where he sold aircraft engine parts, developed special mission modifications and special repairs, and provided engineering support to numerous aircraft companies.
Jimmy’ strengths include: developing programs and leading teams as an Engineering Supervisor. Working with government regulatory agencies to facilitate projects. Building business across borders by working with international teams to design and improve parts for piston engines and component parts.